Citrix released there new product : XenDesktop 7
New HDX Mobile optimizes Windows apps for native look and feel
- HDX Mobile optimizations translate multi-touch gestures, finger swipes, and inertia into smooth navigation and scrolling commands that are relayed to the hosted Windows apps in real-time, without the need for re-writes.
- HDX Mobile also offers native menu controls that translate pull-down lists and complex mouse navigation into the native controls built in to the mobile device for smoother app navigation. This includes intelligent sensing of text-entry fields which automatically launches the local device keyboard when needed – while ensuring the underlying text box is visible.
- HDX Windows App Mobilization SDK gives enterprise developers the power to optimize their existing Windows apps for any mobile environment, including automated dynamic formatting of the app for horizontal or vertical display or different screen sizes.
- HDX deep compression and redirection technologies are specifically designed to deal with mobile broadband networks and consumer devices. IT can deliver full HD video over 3G networks, leveraging the power of smartphones and tablets to decode video graphics while offloading compression to the server side through shared GPU acceleration.
- A redesigned Citrix StoreFront unifies app and desktop access through a simple, consistent user experience, including seamless transitions between devices that pick up where the user left off – all while maintaining subscriptions for a continuous experience.
- Clientless Receiver allows for the rendering of apps and desktops in a browser, in the event that a native Receiver cannot be installed on a user’s device.
Built on an improved FlexCast management architecture – designed to enable cloud-style simplicity, automation and scale
- Radically simplify app and desktop delivery through full automation and unification on either hosted-shared Windows Server or Windows desktop OS-based VDI hosts.
- Multiple versions of Windows Server and desktop operating systems can run side-by-side with newly-enabled support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
- New Studio console contains easy-to-use service design workflows with automated configuration checking designed to eliminate errors and speed production deployments up to 80 percent.
- New Director console is optimized for helpdesk and real-time troubleshooting with built-in EdgeSight analytics tools for long-term capacity management, resource planning, and Service Level Assurance.
- Automated physical to virtual (P2V) app migration analysis tools, powered by Citrix AppDNA, speed migration.
Secure intellectual property and protect data privacy
- End-to-end security with new NetScaler Gateway provides granular access policies, auto-configured with a simple corporate email address.
- HDX 3DPro for hosted-shared apps and desktops provides direct hardware GPU sharing of OpenGL-based apps for ultimate performance and app compatibility – not only for designers and engineers, but for supply chain and field employees as well.
- Seamless local apps integrate local Windows apps into a hosted virtual desktop, fantastic for integrating hosted apps separately from a hosted desktop for maximum performance.
- Cloud-based voice and video collaboration with local processing optimizes apps such as GoToMeeting with HDFaces or Skype.
For more information check out the website of Citrix.